Mock Interviews I
A mock interview is an excellent way to prepare for an actual job interview! You will work with a paraprofessional to simulate a real interview. We will record your answers so that you can watch how you respond to some standard interview questions. After you watch the video, we immediately delete it. After the interview and you watch the video, the interviewer will provide you with in-depth feedback and answer any questions you may have about interviewing.
How to Schedule a Mock Interview:
- Log-on to your Handshake account
- Click Career Center
- Click Appointments and choose Mock Interview
- Select a time and date that is available for you
o Please note that the appointment schedule fills up quickly and so availability is limited. If you do not see an appointment for an ideal date and time, it is because that time is already booked.
How to prepare for your Mock Interview:
- Prepare your resume
- Dress for success: Come dressed as if you were going to a real interview
The Day of your Mock Interview:
- Location: Come to the Center for Career & Co-op Office, 4th Floor Whitlock Building ~ Room 468.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early: If you are running late, please call our office at 859-622-1296 and let us know you want to keep your mock interview appointment.
- Optional: BRING A POSITION and/or an organization to use for practice
We will provide you with a rubric sheet for your interview. If your professor asks for a copy of this form, you are responsible for getting them a copy, we will not send it.
You can reschedule/cancel your mock interview up to 48 hours prior to the interview. If you must cancel your interview at the last minute, please call the office at 859-622-1296. Once canceled, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to find another time slot.