Faculty and Staff
While addressing the mission of Eastern Kentucky University, all faculty and staff have an important role to play in our students' development including career-related development. Working together we can help our student’s progress toward the realization of their dreams. To assist with your efforts, the Center for Career and Co-op provides the following:
- Class/organization presentations on any aspect of the job search (ie: what can I do with a major in?..., networking, resume writing or interviewing)...great resource to cover your class in your absence;
- Assistance with co-op and internship searches;
- Career Resource Center on the fourth floor of the Whitlock Building (Room 468), which contains current vacancies, job descriptions, and job search resources via hard copy, on-line, and video format;
- Professional, timely assistance for your employer contacts usually leading to an expanded relationship that benefits the employer as well as students and alumni from several areas of study;
- Assistance with career-related programs in your department or college;
- Opportunities to meet with recruiters;
- Information on salaries and employment activity, both locally and nationally;
- Job search assistance for faculty, spouses, and children.
Special Request from the Center for Career and Co-op
Please refer any student that you feel is going to have unusual difficulty, for whatever reason, in their job/graduate school search to the Center as soon as possible to permit time for needed skill improvements.
Special Service to Faculty
The Center for Career and Co-op surveys employers for faculty professional development opportunities (consulting or temporary employment). Faculty will be notified when the Center is made aware of such opportunities.
Thanks for visiting the Center for Career and Co-op website. We are looking forward to working with you!