Below are a few questions to help you prepare for your interview. A more extensive list of questions is available at the bottom of the page.
- Tell me about yourself.
- How has your college experience prepared you for a career?
- How would a professor/ employer who knows you well describe you?
- Do you think that your grades are a good indication of your academic achievement?
- Tell me about a time when something did not turn out as you expected. What did you learn from that?
- How have you motivated yourself to complete a task you did not want to complete?
- Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new in a short period of time. How did you proceed?
- Think about a time when you had to interact with a difficult person. What made the situation difficult? How did you respond and interact with the person?
- What leadership positions have you held? Describe your leadership style.
- Can you describe a time when you generated an idea or suggestion at school or at work?
- Why should I hire you?
Sample Interview Questions (downloadable PDF file)